Platform – Frontend Engineer
DeepMirror’s goal is to solve the challenges of global health by enabling effortless building and deployment of Biomedical AI to advance both the research and treatment of disease. We just completed our first financing round backed by UK-based angel investors to productise our proprietary technology for biomedical image analysis.
Founded in 2019 by two interdisciplinary scientists at the University of Cambridge, DeepMirror already serves AI solutions to hundreds of scientists across the globe. In 2020 we developed a 100x faster way of training biomedical AI and raised funds to deploy that technology at scale.
About the Position
We are building a web platform where clients can upload their data and deploy custom solutions for their data analysis. We are now looking for people to take control of the frontend part of our full-stack to streamline our offering. In this position you would upgrade our existing stack and work closely with the backend team on the implementation of critical features, such as a rich dashboard for data upload, visualisation, and interaction.
We hire competent people from all backgrounds, because it’s the right thing to do and makes our company stronger. We especially invite applications from underrepresented groups. If you share our vision of creating on-demand production ready AI and an enthusiasm for start-up culture we are the right place for you.
You will …
- Reimplement our current platform design in a framework of your choice (React, Vue, or Svelte preferred) and take full ownership of the frontend stack.
- Work together with our backend team for seamless integration of the frontend and backend.
- Pioneer new technology solutions for on-demand AI training and web app deployment at scale
- Work remotely or in person (Cambridge, UK)
- Frontend engineer with 1+ years of industry experience in frameworks such as React/Vue/Svelte
- Great communicator and able to integrate in a team
- Flexible & independent working style befitting a rapidly changing work environment
- Experience in Python, and FastAPI, TypeScript.
- Experience with database management (e.g. PostgreSQL), Docker, and AWS technologies
- Competitive pay and equity compensation (options)
- Subsidy for home office costs
- Company coworking retreats in the UK
How to Apply
Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your name
- Your LinkedIn profile
- Your CV + Cover letter
Once you submitted your application please take the time to fill in this quiz.
Note that the questions are really hard and we do not expect you to know all the answers.